I am going to relocate most of my non-band related content from this blog onto another blog.
Although I enjoyed getting a lot of reads lately, it seems that this blog has become a little bit non-standard. I have loyal readers (I hope) and people who’d be willing to come to me to ask for help. I enjoy helping as much as possible.
And not forgetting being featured in WordPress’s BOTD and fastest growing blog, I’m just so honoured. But my decision is final.
Most links WILL be broken (if you have linked to me). I will not leave any trace of the post in this blog at all.
Since I’m getting more and more ready for my band Dermapthera, I plan to use this domain name (dermapthera.wordpress.com) as an official blog for the band only. I have been sticking to the domain name for as long as I can remember, and most people in the blogosphere will identify me as “dermapthera”.
I find that this could be misleading in the near future. Although I don’t see the band anywhere being successful in the near future, there’s still a possibility that we could be if we worked hard. Me and my vocalist have drawn out our visions for the future of the band and what we could do.
Hence I would like to take this opportunity to migrate to another blog. A new blog name, a new blog address. And I need a new identity. I don’t want to be remembered as “dermapthera”, but instead, as the “guitarist of dermapthera”.
When my new blog is ready, I will announce the address again. For now, I might not be updating new contents yet.
Sorry if I have caused any inconvenience. You guys have been great, and I have been enjoying a lot from blogging here.
Expected migration period will take one week (starting today). I will re-announce again once migration is successful.
P.S: The main reason why I placed all the tag/categories there is to reach out to potential RSS readers.
Dlight sent me an email (hi Dlight!) and I guess it’s only appropriate to write this down since some people are desperately trying to get back their used space during that 1.1.3 upgrade phase.
However, I am only reading the script files and learned from it. I have no prior problems in freeing up the space (maybe the new firmware added some more shit? We don’t know) but I know we can only remove the 1.1.3 firmware file off your device.
So let’s get started!
Surely not another disclaimer right?
Heh… For this post, nope. But I’m going to tell you that I don’t know how much you can recover, or what files you can remove. I’ll try my best to guide you though.
Phew! Now what?
I’m sure some of you are running SFTP program to SSH into your device. I have been using another alternative (because I got no wifi) and I find them working 100% all the time.
So go ahead and download iphonebrowser (this guide will be using that) or iBrickr (maybe in future updates, but not today…)
One you got it, connect your iPod Touch or iPhone via the USB dock connector. You don’t have to launch iTunes, so just launch the installed iphonebrowser.
Now, if iphonebrowser doesn’t run on first try, wait for about 1-2 minutes before killing it. To kill it, simply hit CTRL+ALT+DEL, then look for iphonebrowser.exe, then end the process. This however only happens to me, maybe because of my firewall.
Do take note that iphonebrowser (or iBrickr) uses a certain port to connect to your device. It’s the same as iTunes, if this port is blocked, you can never connect to your device.
So now, you look for this folder:
If it’s there, DELETE IT.
Now you should be able to get back those space.
No! It didn’t remove all those space I need!
Erm… But that’s the only thing that’s there… I really don’t know if there’s any other files being used prior to upgrading though…
I can’t connect via iphonebrowser (or iBrickr) but I have wifi!
Ok, then download MobileFinder instead. Look for that folder, then delete the content. Or you can simply delete the folder.
DAMMIT! I want all those space! And NOW!
If you asked me, I really don’t know where the rest of the space used up goes to. It was really undocumented so I can’t really locate the necessary file I was talking about.
But that alone should be able to remove approx 160 MB (the original firmware restore file). If you only removed 130 MB, then I’m not so sure why is that so.
Yeah as usual, hit me back and I’ll try to help.
I might not be able to answer all your burning questions, but I will try my best.
So well, good luck!